MBBS in USA
MBBS in USA is a wise decision for Indian students because medical programs in the United States of America are worth valued. It is a dream of many Indian students to study in USA. MBBS in USA is more focused on practical knowledge than just theoretical learning. Studying MBBS in USA will be an enriching experience for students with expertise, knowledge and skills they gain through the course.
If one wants to set up an exceptional medical profession anywhere in the world then he/she can go for MBBS in USA. Though the medical education system in USA is completely different than most of the European countries like Russia, Ukraine, Georgia or Asian countries like China and Philippines, after a student completes his PG degree in medical in USA, he/she does not need to give any exam to practice in India.
ROADMAP TO COMPLETE MBBS IN USA
It’s Common dream for Indians to study MBBS in USA. However, the system to peruse medical study in USA is different from India. In Order to get the direct admission in MBBS in USA, the student should have studied the Pre-Medical course leading to Bachelor of Science (B.S) program before attempting to study further in medical colleges in USA.
Route to MBBS in USA
Every year large number of students from USA gives MCAT (Medical College Association Test), an entrance exam for MBBS in USA to gain admission to top colleges in USA. There are about 350+ medical Universities in USA. The exam is monitored and scores are released by AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges).
It is highly competitive to get through MCAT. All the local students give this exam to get admission to the top medical schools in USA which make it extremely difficult and quite an expensive to pursue MBBS in USA.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS IN USA
All the local medical aspirants find it difficult to find their place in medical schools in USA through MCAT. The cost of study MBBS in top medical universities in USA, mainly in private colleges, is extremely high. Hence, MBBS colleges in USA for Indian students built in Caribbean Island have become a popular route now a days. Once students follow this route fees comes down drastically . The universities in Caribbean Island provides education only for first 3.5 years (leading to B.S Degree till USMLE-1 Exam) and balance 5 years would be in the mainland of USA.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION TO COMPLETE MBBS IN USA
The National Board of Medical Examinations (NBME) is responsible for conducting various examinations and allowing you to become a licensed medical practitioner in USA. They have divided the process into 3 steps:
On completion of the Pre medical (conducted for 4 Trimesters-16 months), the students have to go through 4 years of Bachelor level program leading to M.D degree. On completion of the first 2 years of this course (Basic Science stage), the students from various top medical schools in USA need to give an exam namely USMLE-1. After clearing USMLE step 1 student can choose either USA or current university in Caribbean for Clinical Rotation.
The next 2 years spent in the hospitals and is also called Clinical Rotation (Also named as Externship/Clerkship) to get the Bachelor degree. The MD degree, is equivalent to MBBS in USA and is not equivalent to PG in India (Do not get confused with the nomenclature).
On completion of the first 4 years programs, the first part of USMLE step 2 CK is a computer based exam. The student can appear from across the world. The last part Step 2 CS needs to be given from USA since it is a practical exam. Generally all the students from the top medical universities in USA pass this exam without much problem it is not a competitive exam. Step 2 is just a qualifying exam.
The doctor of Medicine would need to work in hospital for 3 to 6 years (On average it is 4 years except for surgical –MS degree). The number of years depend on the specialization chosen. Finally the students exam namely Step-3 (Licensor exam) to become eligible to work as a doctor or medical practitioner in USA. This completes the program of MBBS degree in USA along with the PG level program.
Benefits of study MBBS in America
- The practical hands-on training, the equipment, facilities, and other learning methodologies are of the highest quality, modern and state of the art ones.
- America’s medical degree is the most reputed worldwide. American medical degree is recognized in almost every country including Canada, UK , Australia, New Zealand including India.
- You may return back to India and register yourself directly with the MCI as MD/MS as per your Residency at USA. Medical Council of India (MCI) authorizes registration of USA degree without MCI screening Test for those who obtain PG degree from USA.
- 20% of Doctors in USA are Indians.
- The doctors earn US $50,000 to US $ 60,000 per year during residency in USA (3-5 Years) making the total cost of the program as ZERO! Due to the Residency being paid, the entire MBBS in America fee structure is earned back at PG level. This way, MBBS in USA for Indian students fees becomes profitable than Indian costs!
- There are no capitation fees for PG while in India, it touches more than Rs. @ Cr or other countries PG programs are not approved in India. In fact you earn stipend during this period. It is not easily believable fact for an Indian student dreaming to pursue education at top MBBS colleges in USA.
- The average salary of a licensed doctor in USA is more than US$ 500,000 (INR 3,25,00,000) per year in any of the hospitals.
- The total medical program duration in USA is matching with Indian program till PG level.
- From 23rd April, 2016, the government of India has notified that “NORI” (No obligation to Return to India” certificate will not be issued by them if you choose to pursue MBBS in India and MD in USA. Accordingly, it is better to pursue the program in medical colleges USA, right from the Bachelor level.