The Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) published the ‘Interim Provisions for Quality Control Standards in Undergraduate Medical Education’ in English for international students in 2007. This was done to guarantee a high-quality and standardized educational experience for international students.
The following are the reasons why China is becoming a hot destination for MBBS:
- There are 49 approved medical schools that come directly under the supervision of the Chinese Government. All of them are listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”.
- The graduates from these universities are eligible to attend national medical screening tests such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, PLAB, HPCSA, SCHS, etc.
- The cost of the complete course of MBBS in China is quite affordable as compared to the U.S., Korea, Japan, and other European countries.
- China has Top Medical Universities which offer world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced staff.
- Students get ample opportunities in their field after completing their MBBS from China.
- The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Chinese University are recognized by all the developed countries.
Top Medical Universities in China
Nanjing Medical University:
Nanjing Medical University was founded in 1934 as Jiangsu Provincial College of Health Policy and Management. In the year of 1957, it moved from Zhenjiang to Nanjing and changed its name to Nanjing Medical College.
The university consists of twenty-two schools and one independent school (Kangda School). It has twenty-four affiliated hospitals and more than fifty teaching hospitals in Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, and Shandong Provinces. Presently the university has more than 1600 employees, including 825 skilled teaching staff, 188 professors, 252 associate professors, 422 doctoral supervisors, and 1746 master tutors (including people from the affiliated hospitals). Among them, there is one academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, one foreign academician of Institute of Medicine at the American National Academy of Sciences, three “Cheung Kong Scholar” Distinguished Visiting Professors, one young scholar of the “Cheung Kong Scholar Incentive Plan”, one leading talent of the “Ten Thousand Talents Plan”, seven recruited global experts from the National “Thousand Talent” Program, seven winners of the China National Funds for Distinguished Young Scientists, eight winners of the Outstanding Youth Fund, one winner of the National Award for Distinguished Teachers, seven winners of the funds from New Century Excellent Talent Support Program of the Ministry of Education, three “State-Level Teaching Teams”, and one “Innovation Team” from the Ministry of Education. The university is the training base for the High-Level Talent Training Plan of Jiangsu Province, which is also known as the “333 Project”. And NMU has been awarded many times by the superiors for the cause of talent-cultivation.
Nanjing Medical University now has one state-level key laboratory, four ministry-level key laboratories, and sixteen provincial-level key laboratories (engineering centers). Since the beginning of the “Twelfth Five-year Plan”, the scientific research level of NMU has continually ascended and the university has undertaken many “863” programs as well as the “973” programs.
Anhui Medical University:
AMU, formerly Shanghai Southeast Medical College, was founded in Shanghai by a group of overseas students with an M.D degree who returned from Japan in 1926. The idea of those pioneers was to create a medical university to save Chinese people suffering from diseases in a hard time.
The spectrum of subjects has steadily been extended and now has developed into a comprehensive medical university with 23 subjects covering nearly all of the medical fields including Clinical Medicine, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Health Management, Pharmacology, Dentistry, and Nursing, among those eight subjects have been qualified to offer a Ph.D. degree. The University consists of eight faculties, totally, 17 000 enrolled students, in which Medical Faculty predominates with over 6,000 students including clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, psychology, anesthesia, and medical imaging.
The university consists of two campuses; the main campus and the southern campus. The total campus covers an area of 860000 square meters and with total floor space of about 700 thousand square meters. You can walk through the whole campus in 20 minutes. The campus is located on South No.1 Ring-Road of Hefei.
Wenzhou Medical University
Wenzhou Medical University is a multi-disciplinary university under the administration of the Department of Education of Zhejiang Province. It has 3 campuses, covering a total area of 800,000 meters; the main campus is located at Chashan University Town of Wenzhou.
The history of Wenzhou Medical University can be traced back to Zhejiang Specialized Medical School, which was established in Hangzhou in 1912. In August 1958, part of Zhejiang Medical College was moved from Hangzhou to Wenzhou and began recruiting 5-year full-time program students, hence the name Wenzhou Medical College (WMC) which was upgraded to Wenzhou Medical University (WMU or WZMU) in 2013.
At present, all the faculty and staff are striving to attain the goal of becoming a high-quality university that will enjoy high prestige for its own features and excellent academic performance, focused on the undergraduate education while actively developing graduate studies, with medical programs as its core harmonized by multi-disciplinary areas adapting to regional needs.
Benefits of MBBS from China
- Students are given a chance to get an internship in some of the best multinational companies in the world within the country itself.
- No donation is required for getting admission in medical universities in China.
- No entrance test is required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
- The MBBS and MD degrees are acknowledged by international bodies like the World Health Organization and UNESCO.
- Students are provided with practicals and experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
- The quality of accommodation is comparable to other developed countries.
- The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure and technology.