Ukraine is situated in the south-eastern part of Central Europe and has its own territory, government, national emblem, flag and anthem. Ukraine today is a country of 46 million people, most of whom are ethnic Ukraineians. It borders on Russia, Byelorussia, Moldova, Slovakia, Roumania, Hungary and Poland on land and Russia, Georgia, Bulgaria, Roumania and Turkey on sea.The territory of Ukraine is mostly a level, treeless plain, calls “steppe”. There are the Crimean Mountains in the Crimean peninsula and the Carpathians in the west, but they are not very high. Mixed forests of pine and fir-trees, beeches, limes, oaks and elms cover the mountains, but the thickest woods can still be found in the northern part of the republic, in Volyn. Kiev and Cherkassy lie in the midst of Ukraineian southernmost pine forest. The main Ukraineian river is the Dnieper. It is one of the longest European rivers and one of the republic’s main sources of hydroelectric power. The Dnieper and its tributary the Ross had been the cradle of the Ukraineian and Russian people in time immemorial. The climate of the country is moderate. Winter is rather mild, with no severe frosts but with regular snowfalls everywhere except the south. The rivers and lakes freeze in winter. The average winter temperature varies -20 Centigrade in the north to -3-5 in the south. Summer is quite hot and dry, with occasional showers and thunderstorms. The fertile black soil is well watered in spring and autumn and gets plenty of sunshine in summer.
As a country with a favorable geographical position (situated between Asia and Europe), Ukraine was always viewed by foreign investors as a country with better economic conditions, than other republics of the Soviet Union. The country is free of nuclear weapons. It is considered one of the safest places in the world with second largest army in Europe and one of lowest crime rates on Earth.
Why study MBBS in Ukraine
Almost all their courses are globally recognized (WHO, UNESCO European Council etc.) Ukraine University’s World ranking is averagely high. Many of their universities are of high standard with big structures and qualified teachers. Shine Overseas Education Consultant can help you with that information for free if you contact us.
Medicine in Ukraine is quite cheap compare to other parts of Europe. Medicine is one of Ukraine’s major strengths. There are thousands of international students studying medicine in Ukraine. The general living cost in Ukraine is relatively cheap, compared to other part of Europe. Most students can survive with as low as between $100 and $200 per month. This largely depends on the students lifestyle.
- English Medium of instruction
- Educational system in Ukraine is widely accepted worldwide
- There are chances of permanent residence and settlement in Europe after completion of study program.
- One of the Best Transportation system in Europe
- 100% visa assured to deserving candidates.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Ukraine
- Ternopil State medical University (ternopil, Ukraine)
- lviv national medical University (lviv, Ukraine)
- Vinnitsa national medical University (Vinnitsa, Ukraine)
- Sumy medical University (Sumy, Ukraine)
- Ivano medical University (Ivano, Ukraine)
- Blacksea University (Ukraine)
- Uzhhorod National University (uzhhorod, Ukraine)
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- V N Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Poltava National Medical University (UMSA)
- Dnepropetrovsk National Medical University
- Zaporozhye State medical University
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine has become one of the most preferable destinations for the aspiring students who want to study MBBS in abroad. Some of the advantages are listed below:
1. The medical universities of Ukraine are recognised by WHO, UNESCO, MCI and medical councils of many other counties.
2. The medium of instruction in Ukraine is English which makes it much easier for international students to adapt to the environment.
3. The cost of accommodation is very low as compared to other countries like USA, UK and many European countries. Apart from this, the travel for students in Ukraine is very cheap. Students get special discounts for travelling within the country.
4. The medical colleges of Ukraine offer high quality facilities to the students.
5. The students studying MBBS in the universities of Ukraine are provided with various opportunities to participate in the international exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific projects in various international universities which opens more doors for them to achieve their goals in the field of medicine.
6. Indian students who complete their MBBS from a Medical University of Ukraine can easily get a job in India as the MBBS degree obtained from a Ukraine University is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Getting admission in a medical university in Ukraine is very easy. The applicants are not required to take any exam like TOEFL or IELTS. For admission in MBBS in Ukraine, the student must fulfil the following criteria:
- The student shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must secure 50% marks in their 12th standard from Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE / ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- As per the latest notification issued by MCI in accordance with the decision taken by Delhi High Court, students aspiring to enroll in Foreign Medical Universities in 2019, and did not qualify / register / appear in NEET – 2019; should produce an Eligibility Certificate issued by Medical Council of India at the time of admission to Foreign Medical Universities.